Wednesday, December 30, 2009

POWER JUICER!!!


As a kid, we abhorred the juicer.  My mom would make us various concoctions of carrot and celery juice or some other dreaded vegetable in liquid form.  Honestly, my mom was pretty good at creating palatable combination's, it was more the thought that vegetables could become green juice that really freaked us out.  Needless to say, I have grown up and thus absolved my fear of drinking my veggies.  Especially when Matcha tea is my among my favorite things! 
When I was out in CA last month, I was staying with one of my closest friends, Matt and his girlfriend, Cristina.  Cristina and I think quite a bit alike.  She recently got a juicer and has since gotten in the habit of juicing daily.  A ritual Matt has become accustom to and dare I say looks forward to despite how quickly he chugs his daily juice!  Point being, all of this juicing inspired me to get back in the habit so the number one item on my Christmas wish list was- you guessed it, a juicer.  My far too generous brother got it for me and as you can see above I was slightly psyched about it!
I have some ideas for new juice recipes, but clearly have some testing to do!!  I am thinking apple, carrot and ginger might be a fun one... hopefully over the next month I will start to get some juice recipes up on Nourish This for you all to try out yourselves.  For now, hook yourself up with a post-holiday present if you don't already have one!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about getting a juicer but have stayed away from it because I have no idea how to make carrot & celery juice palatable! I look forward to your juice recipes. In the meantime, do you have a recommendation for a juicer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete