Thursday, July 23, 2009

Pink Lemonade


Wow, I have been such a slacker lately with my blogging!  I have been super busy this past month, which is always a good thing but does not leave me too much time.  I have been trying to experiment with new recipes for next month's additions to the website but I am also preparing for my shoot for Healthy Child, Healthy World.  I have reached out to like-minded companies for product sponsorship and have been so incredibly lucky!  In the past week I received shipment from Scandanavian Child, Le Creuset, Alternative Apparel and Glass Lock!  Wow, I mean, could that be more exciting?? :)
There is still so much left to do but I am trying not to be overwhelmed!  
Although it has not been terribly hot this summer... and by not terribly hot I mean I think I have seen the sun a total of 5 days so far.  Bummer.  However, it is a goal of mine to take advantage of every gorgeous moment so I have been on a few kayaking trips, camping, walking, etc.  All of which have put me in the mood for an old summer classic: pink lemonade!
Of course I do not eat refined sugar, so how in the world do you make pink lemonade without killing yourself in sourness?!  I tried Truvia this week because I have used Stevia for a while and gave in to the marketing trap and needed to know what I was missing.  Its ok but I have to find out if it has "other" ingredients in it besides stevia.  Stevia is a natural sweetener made from the leaves of a plant and does not register on the glycemic index at all and has no calories.  Pretty sweet deal if you ask me!  haha, yeah I know, I'm not that funny ;)
Anyway, I made a couple varieties of lemonade but liked the simplest one the best: the juice from one whole lemon, 1 tsp. of stevia and 1/4 cup of unsweetened cranberry juice, about 3/4 cup of water and several ice cubes.  So fantastically refreshing you absolutely cannot go another sunny day without trying it.  And don't tell me you don't have time cause it takes about 30 seconds!
Alright, I am off to cook dinner... confetti turkey burgers, orangey sweet potato strings and roasted asparagus. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment