Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Type O" Pumpkin Cookies


I started on Dr. D'Adamo's Eat Right for your Blood Type diet recently.  I went to see him after he basically cured my mom of ulcerative colitis... it was amazing to see how fast her health turned around.  I have insane knee problems and some other minor health issues I wanted to address.  Anyway it has been a month and I am feeling great.  He has foods categorized into "super foods," "neutrals" and "best avoided" today I made these pumpkin cookies and all ingredients were on my super food list!  I was pretty psyched.  Anyway, I'm type O, so if you are too, this might cookie be just as perfect for you!

Pumpkin Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup organic brown rice flour
1 cup organic tapioca flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder (low sodium, aluminum free)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon (could also use 1/8 tsp. clove and 1/4 tsp. ground ginger for a spicier cookie)
3 tablespoons ghee (if not type o- coconut oil or organic butter)
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 whole egg
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

How to:  
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Whisk dry ingredients together, brown rice flour through cinnamon.  Stir in chocolate chips.
3.  Combine pumpkin puree, egg, molasses and honey.  Pour into dry mixture and stir just until combined.  
4.  Melt ghee (or coconut oil/butter) over LOW heat, let cool then add to your batter until well incorporated.
5.  Spoon batter onto parchment lined baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.  Yields 24 cookies.
6.  Let cool on a drying wrack and enjoy!  Best served warm, but last 2 days in a sealed container in a cool, dry place or up to a month in the freezer.

They may not be the prettiest cookies in all the land, but they certainly are delicious!  My mom used to make pumpkin cookies for halloween with little M&M smiley faces on them, I LOVED them so much- despite that they resembled... well never mind.  :)  Point is, halloween or middle of spring, these are great cookies any time you make them!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I can help you about that. I love the winter boots very much,last day i purchased two pairs of uggs and some nice Power Balance from a shop,for my opinion,their boots have awesome quality and nice price for everyone,i think it maybe good for you.Good luck to you! Power Balance very poplar and fashion for you.

    ReplyDelete