Saturday, May 30, 2009

Matchaaaaaa!


I go through phases of drinking Matcha tea religiously every day and then not at all... I am in the every day phase right now and I just had my last scoop!!! I guess its off to teavana for me. They are the closest Matcha retailers in my area and they are 20 minutes away. I need to be better at planning ahead!
Oh, if your not too sure what Matcha is, it is a powdered form of green tea. Matcha is a traditional ceremonial tea in japan made from ground green tea leaves. The health benefits of drinking green tea this way are tremendous because you are ingesting all the nutrients the tea leaves have to offer, not just what is steeped into the water through a tea bag. For example one serving of Matcha has about 70x the amount of vitamin C than a single orange. Although Matcha is caffeinated, it contains elements that counteract the energizing affects of caffeine and help to calm the body. Oh, and my favorite statistic is that when consuming matcha regularly, it increases your metabolism by 35-40%! Sweet!
Anyway, if your not convinced that you should hitch a ride to teavana with me just yet, all you need is one tempting sip and you will be as much of an addict as I am... and thats one addiction that does not require a support group!

No comments:

Post a Comment