Thursday, March 4, 2010

Best Salad of All Time ...or at least best for now!


I wanted something quick and easy for dinner tonight because I have been exhausted this week... but of course I never want to compromise eating well so, here's what I made!
Spicy Turkey and Spinach Salad with Sauteed Kale, Cranberries and Mozzarella Cheese.  All I did to dress the salad was a quick squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil.  Totally hit the spot!  The best part though, is it is perfect for leftovers, no need for it to be hot, will taste just as yummy cold.  I am always looking for foods I can take to work easily the next day and have gotten in the habit of making a ton of veggies for dinner and saving them to top my salad for work the next day.

You will need:
1 lb organic turkey cutlets
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt (divided use)
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 teaspoon ground ginger

1 bunch of baby spinach
1 bunch of fresh kale
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1 cup mozzarella cheese, sliced


I sauteed (organic) turkey cutlets [seasoned with sea salt, chili powder, ground ginger and thyme leaves] in olive oil for about 2 minutes per side.  Removed them from the pan and added the fresh (organic) Kale with a touch more olive oil and a dash of sea salt for about 3-4 minutes.  


Pulled it all together by plating a heaping handful of fresh baby spinach (yes, organic), a squeeze of lemon and a quick drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.  Topped that with the sauteed kale, about a tablespoon of dried (no sugar added) cranberries, fresh mozzarella cheese and a few turkey cutlet strips on the side.

It was almost like a spring time Thanksgiving salad... if that could make any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment