Monday, March 8, 2010

Juicy Turkey Burgers


Sorry for the poor picture quality above, I was using my macbook pro (photo booth) for this one!  I have actually been watching after a couple teenagers this week so I was not in my kitchen and did not feel like stocking up for just one week.  Therefore, some of the ingredients are a definite repeat tonight!

I sauteed some fresh organic kale and bright red onion rings in extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, nutmeg and a handful of cranberries (could have eaten a mountain of it it!).  I was in a hurry so I tossed the organic ground turkey meat with about 1/4 cup of marinara, thyme and ground chili powder, stove top grilled them and topped with fresh slices of mozzarella cheese.

I liked the balance of this meal because the sweetness of the cranberries with the savory turkey burger seemed to help a lot with feeling satisfied after a (mostly) carb-free dinner.  I am a big believer that you have to fully satisfy your taste buds in order to be completely cravings-free after a meal.  It aligns somewhat with the ayurvedic customs of eating varying foods in one sitting: hot, cold, raw, cooked, spicy, sweet, etc.  Realistically I don't achieve all of that in each meal, but definitely keep it in mind for whenever it is possible.

Experiment with this one, it was really yummy and (shockingly) the burgers were a huge hit with the 14 and 17yr olds who are pretty picky eaters!

2 comments:

  1. I liked the balance of this meal because the sweetness of the cranberries with the savory turkey burger seemed to help a lot with feeling satisfied after a (mostly) carb-free dinner. I am a big believer that you have to fully satisfy your taste buds in order to be completely cravings-free after a meal. XBOX GIFT CARD GENERATOR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for providing such a nice information. this post is really helpful. It takes strengths to build for the future.. it was really nice that you decided to share this information. LIC Premium Payment Process

    ReplyDelete