Monday, May 17, 2010

Beach Picnic



I used to hate eating on the beach, even as a little kid, all I wanted was water or an ice pop.  There is something about a sandwich and a bikini that just don't match up! ha ha  My brother calls it a "hamburger belly," but no matter what, it's not attractive and in my case just feels too darn heavy.

I was in Malibu last week with one of my best friends.  Her bro lives in Point Dume and he was in NYC for a month so we took over his place for a week and loved every second of it!  It had to be the least expensive vacation of all time- free place to stay and we cooked almost every meal.  My friend Annie (seen above) is also gluten-free, so that made life easier!  We made spinach salads on this day with basically any veggie we had in the fridge so mine consisted of leftover roasted fennel and red onion with fresh tomato, chopped walnuts and a few pieces of sliced turkey.  Dressing was olive oil and lemon, my fav. :)  It was a perfect, and refreshing beach picnic.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I can help you about that. I love the winter boots very much,last day i purchased two pairs of uggs and some nice Power Balance from a shop,for my opinion,their boots have awesome quality and nice price for everyone,i think it maybe good for you.Good luck to you! Power Balance very poplar and fashion for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and especially that you celebrate cooking, eating and people! Great entry! Picnic are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent site you have got here.. It’s difficult to find good quality writing like yours these days. I seriously appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!
    --------------------
    Livestock exports | Wool exports

    ReplyDelete