Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy Accident Cake



I set out to make gluten-free, dairy-free, raw sugar-free milan cookies.  I wanted them to be crispy on the outside, THIN and deliciously chocolaty on the inside.  I beat the egg whites into stiff peaks and folded them into a batter of brown rice flour, tapioca flour, ghee, honey, maple syrup, lemon zest and about 1/4 of a mashed banana.  I folded in the 5 beaten egg whites and pipped them out onto 3 different baking sheets using 3 methods.  ...only one worked!  The stainless steal baking sheet sprayed with my misto worked the best (seen above) the others got too thick or stuck to the pan.  I still had half the batter left (I know, it went SUCH a long way!), so I poured the rest of the batter into a 8x8 greased glass baking dish.  Baked it in a 350 degree oven for about 18 minutes.  
In the meantime, I melted dark chocolate (70%) over a double boiler and slathered it between the one sheet of cookies that turned out well- SOOOO good!  
After the cake cooled, I turned it out onto a plate and poured melted chocolate on top.  It just seemed like it needed something more... so I scraped up the scraps from the cookies that got stuck to the pan and broke them up into bits.  They went back into the oven at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes to toast and get crispy.  I crumpled them up some more and sprinkled them all over the top of the cake and drizzled that with whatever remaining chocolate I could scrape up from the pan.  Oh my god that cake was heavenly. Seriously, so good.  
I am going to test it one more time before giving you the specific recipe because this really was a happy accident cake and I want to make sure I can get it right a second time!  

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I can help you about that. I love the winter boots very much,last day i purchased two pairs of uggs and some nice Power Balance from a shop,for my opinion,their boots have awesome quality and nice price for everyone,i think it maybe good for you.Good luck to you! Power Balance very poplar and fashion for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed! Very helpful info particularly the last part I care for such info much. I was looking for this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
    -----------------------------------
    Seafood exports | Milk exports

    ReplyDelete