Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mango Almond Muffins



                                    

I am queen of making something out of nothing.  I really think my best concoctions come when I am forced to use what I have in the house!  I had a mango that looked a little funky and some pineapple that needed to be used today- it had also been about 3 weeks since I made muffins so, ta-da Mango Almond Muffins!!  

I used brown rice and tapioca flours, baking powder, soda, salt, a little ginger and lemon zest, only 3 tbs of ghee, about 1/3 cup of chopped mango and pineapple, 1/2 cup (filling 1/3 each of honey, maple syrup and pineapple juice), 1/2 cup almond flour (make it yourself in the food processor... just don't whir it into almond butter!), Hmmmm what else??  Oh, 3 eggs.  Yup, that was about it.  Baked them for about 15 minutes and they came out amber brown, moist and mouth watering.  Tasted deliciously tropical!  

I will write up the recipe for NourishThis.com and pop it on there later this week. :)

16 comments:

  1. Kristin_
    (this is Jenn K)
    These look amazing!! You are such a good cook!! LOVE you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jenn, Just saw this!! Thanks sooo much :) I'm updating my website so everything has been sorta not moving for a while, nourishthis.com should be brand new next month! wahooo
    LOVE YOU TOO! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I can help you about that. I love the winter boots very much,last day i purchased two pairs of uggs and some nice Power Balance from a shop,for my opinion,their boots have awesome quality and nice price for everyone,i think it maybe good for you.Good luck to you! Power Balance very poplar and fashion for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for showing up such fabulous information. I have bookmarked you and will remain in line with your new posts. I like this post, keep writing and give informative post...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The post is very informative. It is a pleasure reading it. I have also bookmarked you for checking out new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for writing in such an encouraging post. I had a glimpse of it and couldn’t stop reading till I finished. I have already bookmarked you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The post is handsomely written. I have bookmarked you for keeping abreast with your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very well-written post. I read and liked the post and have also bookmarked you. All the best for future endeavors

    ReplyDelete
  10. just saw your post. looks very delicious and interesting. I am very eager to read more post like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The muffins look great!
    http://www.comicdaverusso.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Like Your Blog And Your Posts
    Thanks for Sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for I d usually will I to me to people reading that here post is make do you think Also check have something not Which comment a enjoy with I allowing…
    ------------------------------------
    Cattle exports | Beef exports

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made mango cupcakes, but not mango muffins. Looks YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete