Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dinner on the Fly

Last week I stayed with a friend in Boston before a doctors appointment. Once I parked (or he parked for me cause I was incapable of doing so without driving into a snow embankment... a task with which he accomplished with ease!), we tried to figure out what to make for dinner (this was about 5). Then we went to the grocery store, and THEN started dinner. I am telling you all this so you know how easy as pie it was to make!! I think it took us about 20 minutes total once we started cooking!
Ok, so here is what we made:
Tumeric and orange stir-fried chicken strips
with Boston Bibb lettuce wraps and slivered snow peas, yellow pepper, water-chestnuts and blanched almonds
and with a side of coconut (brown) rice and an orange-ginger dipping sauce! YUM!
This was the second time I made this type of lettuce wrap and it keeps getting better.
I love having food that you can play with and these wraps are so fun. You put all the veggies in little dishes and everyone gets to fill their lettuce wraps with anything they like. PLUS, they are so healthy, full of lean protein, different colored veggies (from which you get a diverse intake of nutrients) and hearty brown rice. I will have to write up the recipe for this and post it on the website when it launches! I know, I am so mean for not giving it to you now... but what would you have to look forward to??!

No comments:

Post a Comment