Sunday, September 27, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Yeah, so it is nothing short of a comfort food day for me today.  In the past two hours I have made the crumble topping apple pie (see below), chocolate chip cookies and a pizza pie crust.  Clearly I am in an eating (and/or stuffing my face) mood!
The chocolate chip cookies were a new recipe and I think they came out much better than I expected.  Mostly because I am so tired today I feel like I am not actually functioning despite all of the cooking that seems to be happening!  Anyway, they taste nothing like G-F cookies you normally find, which makes me so happy.  Here is the recipe:

Dry Ingredients:
1 cup Brown Rice Flour
3/4 cup Tapioca Flour
2 tsp. Baking powder (low sodium)
1 tsp. Baking soda (low sodium)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 TBS flaxseed
Wet Ingredients:
1 tsp. vanilla
2 TBS applesauce (organic)
1Bold egg yolk
2 egg whites
4 TBS butter, melted and cooled (organic)
1/3 cup honey
chocolate chips (I used the allergy-free mini ones, about 1/2 cup)

Here's how its done:
In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients.  Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk, vanilla, honey and butter just until combined.  
Mix your chocolate chips with the flour mixture first so they get evenly distributed.
Next, add your wet ingredients to the flour and chip mixture and stir just to combine.  
Lastly, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks and fold into the cookie dough 1/3 at a time.  
Spoon out 1 TBS of cookie dough onto your baking sheet (I line mine with recycled parchment paper) and bake for about 10 minutes.

Eat warm for the best taste or cool and freeze for up to a month!!

1 comment:

  1. These are the Best Gluten free cookies i have ever tasted!!! I really felt like i was eating normal cookies, i don't want to share them with anyone else! ha ha looking forward to eating them again :)

    ReplyDelete