Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Casseroles, Mmmmmm!


I know, I haven't blogged in a while.  Well, you know about the knee surgery, so there's that and then I have been making arrangements to go to CA in a week and got myself all busy :)
It's funny, as soon as it gets cold out, all I want to make are soups and casseroles.  Have not started the soup making quite yet but have made a few "pop-in-the-oven" one bake wonders.  Tonight I made an Italian version of my Shredded Chicken Bake recipe.  Instead of making a béchamel sauce, I just sauteed some onions with shredded chicken, tomato sauce and white wine... a touch of parmesan cheese and fresh homemade italian breadcrumbs and you have a winner folks.  I was running around and did not have time to think about dinner so I just boiled the chicken in... sadly enough, water.  BUT, the chicken got super tender and I got to cook it and walk away.  All together the actual "cooking" part took me about 12 minutes.  Super.


Over the weekend I also made a new gluten-free macaroni and cheese with fresh mozzarella and parmesan cheese, tossed with spinach and broccoli and topped with, yes, thats right- homemade Italian breadcrumbs. As my bro would say, Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice.  ;)  I should be getting these recipes up and more in a few weeks, after my trip to LA.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT! That cassarole was gluten-free? Now you tell me...probably wouldn't have tasted sooooo goooood, if you had told me!!! Enjoyed every bite.
    Pops

    ReplyDelete