Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Glories of Hummus!



This olive hummus is a slightly updated version of my favorite snack.  I made my traditional hummus: chick peas, olive oil, garlic, lemon, tahini, water and salt and added fresh kalamata and green olives.  I chose the green olives marinated in herbs de provence and I had to control myself from popping all of them in my mouth before they were added to the hummus!   I bought the whole olives, seeds intact just because I feel like they retain their flavor better that way (despite the extra effort involved!).
I made this hummus for a meeting I went to (I always bring food), so I accompanied it with a platter of local, organic tomatoes, cucumber, arugula and whole wheat pita wedges.  I figured people could dip or make mini sandwiches.  It really loosens people up and makes for a friendlier environment when food is involved... that's not really why I bring food, but it is a bonus!
Hummus is such a great thing to experiment with because you can get as creative as you want, adding herbs, all sorts of veggies, even nuts to change it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment