Saturday, June 6, 2009

Breakfast made easy


I started off the morning with a great breakfast that I have to share with you!  You probably know by know that I usually like to make everything myself, from scratch... but there are a few exceptions.
I found these great Gluten-Free tortillas at the grocery store... now, they are a "processed" food, but most of the ingredients on the label are those I am familiar with and the only one I have a slight problem with is corn starch.  However, I do not eat these tortillas as a main staple in my diet so I feel that once in a while is A-OK!  The other "processed" food I used was Dr. Praeger's Spinach patties... I completely trust these patties, they are made from whole food ingredients (made with spinach, potatoes, onions and arrowroot flour), they are gluten-free and taste outstanding.  Again, I do not eat them all the time, but as a treat, they are wonderful.
So, this morning I scrambled some eggs... the best, fluffiest scrambled eggs are whisked together with a small splash of cold water, a dash of sea salt and black pepper, cooked over medium-low heat (and not malled to death by your spatula- be gentle people!).  While the eggs were scrambling, the spinach patty was heating up in my toaster oven (no, I do not own a microwave- and besides the toaster makes the edges crispy), and I put the tortilla on top of the toaster just to warm it up.  
When everything was ready, I broke the patty apart on top of the tortilla and then gently placed my scrambled eggs... folded it in half and tadaaaaa, perfect breakfast.  Well, with a side of mixed berries and green tea of course ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment