Sunday, June 7, 2009

Wild Rice Waffles... YUM!



OK, I really nailed it this time!  I spent Saturday experimenting with new recipes for next month's additions to NourishThis.com.  The first recipe I made was wild rice waffles with blanched asparagus, poached egg and a basil "benedict" (I put that in quotes because it was in fact nothing like a benedict but it was meant as a healthy replacement to the indulgent poached egg pair!).  It was so good I could not believe it myself... after a while of eating gluten-free, you have the feeling that you are losing all sense of reality when it comes to acceptable/good tasting breads.  However, my friend Natalia came over later in the afternoon to help me with another recipe and she fell in love with Mr. Wild Rice Waffle, which was both flattering and reassuring.  I think I might have to make her some to keep in her freezer :)
Anyway, I will post the recipe in my "Gluten-Free Bakery" section of my "Recipe" page.  You can check it out there along with a little video we made of how to prepare them. 
Natalia was so much fun to have around yesterday because we decided to film another one of my experimental recipes!  I think we laughed for two hour straight... only to follow that by eating for two hours straight!  We made Red Bell Peppers stuffed with Shrimp, Leeks and Apricots topped with sweet polenta- pretty good but I am going to make a few small adaptations.  After eating our days work, we played football with my brother and another one of our best friends, ate smores around our outdoor fire-pit and then watched a highly idiotic comedy that made us laugh for another two hours straight!  All in all it was a good day.
Thanks Natalia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment